|letters to the editor||short articles in Daily Camera|
|media citings||interviews, research, & other media|
- SB 48: Colorado road taxes for local transit unjust and unconstitutional, Complete Colorado, March 27. Also quoted on this issue in the Denver Post.
- Use Fuel Taxes for Our Roads, Denver Post, March 22. Also published, with links, at Complete Colorado.
- Your Health Care: Don’t Trust the Colorado Trust, Boulder Daily Camera, March 31. See first link above for a version with hyperlinked references.
- Governor’s Veto of Child Health Plan Fee Increases: “Let them drink beer, while you pay,” Boulder Daily Camera, June 26
- Colorado Child Health Plan: Parents should value children’s health more than sweets and booze, Health Policy Solutions, May 17; Denver Daily News, May 20.
- Don’t get mugged by a politically controlled insurance exchange, Denver Post, May 6; Denver Daily News, May 13 (Post article linked at Kaiser Health News); Colorado Daily, May 15.
- How to Insure Americans with Pre-Existing Conditions, Pajamas Media, Feb. 24.
- Amendment 63’s Foes Only Want You for Your Body, Huffington Post, October 26.
- Amendment 63 vs. Cost-Shift Hypocrisy, Huffington Post, October 22.
- Amendment 63 vs. the Unlicensed Vampire Alarmists, Huffington Post, October 19.
- Colorado Amendment 63: Freedom Is Too “Haphazard” for Bell Policy Center, Huffington Post, October 6.
- Amendment 63: Refuting the cost-shift & other opposition, Boulder Daily Camera, October 3.
Opposition to Amendment 63 both flawed and deceptive, The Gazette (Colorado Springs), Sept. 4. Colorado Daily, Sept 6 (abridged), Huffington Post, September 14.
- Campus gun ban at CU Boulder ignores reality, Denver Post, August 2.
(most-read article that week at DenverPost.com, see bottom right of linked PDF)
Also in the Denver Daily News (Aug 6) and the Colorado Daily, August 8.
- Lack legal insurance, go to jail?, Denver Daily News, June 18. Blog post has linked references.
- Questioning your “compassionate” politics, Huffington Post, May 12, Denver Daily News May 14.
- Get ready for health insurance slumlords, Pajamas Media, March 21, Daily Camera, April 6
- Why we’re “crazy” about health care choice, Aurora Daily Sentinel, January 29th
(version with linked references)
- Health Insurers’ ‘Sins’ Don’t Justify Reform, Pajamas Media, January 8
Shorter version in the Daily Camera (Boulder), January 24 and Denver Daily News, Feb 12
- Bizarro Health Care ‘Reform’: Expect Less, Pay More, Pajamas Media, November 5,
- Health Care Is Not a Privilege … Nor Is It a Right, Pajamas Media, September 8; Denver Daily News; October 9, Colorado Daily, November 22
- More poison, not an antidote: Mandating employer health insurance, Daily Camera, June 28.
Denver Daily News, August 21.
- HB 1273: Politicians cannot “guarantee” health care, Colorado Daily and the Denver Daily News.
- Liberty is Most Unexceptional prescription for health care, Rocky Mountain News, Dec. 26.
- Vote No on Ballot Issue 1B, donate your own money, Longmont Times-Call, October 31
- Ballot Issue 1B: “Worthy Cause” Tax, It’s Not Your Penny to Give, Daily Camera, September 25, Denver Daily News, October 21, Colorado Daily, October 26
- Health Care: Unions Lie, Choice Dies, Colorado Daily, July 14
- No Compassion in Forced Giving, Rocky Mountain News speakout (web only), April 6
- Polis implies he’d represent the Vaguely Unpleasant in us, Rocky Mountain News speakout (web only), Feb. 26
- “Universal” Health Care Kills (full version w/ linked references)
- The Individual Mandate as Collective Punishment
- Government Control is Bad for Your Health, Rocky Mountain News, September 26, 2007 [print edition]
- Medicaid is Hazardous to Your Health, Boulder Daily Camera, August 26, 2007 [print edition]
- Don’t Model State Reforms on Medicaid, Denver Post, August 5, 2007 [print edition]
- “Free-markets, Affordability, & Individual Rights,” policy proposal to Colorado’s “Blue Ribbon” Commission on Healthcare Reform. Reached the “‘Short List’ of Proposals For In-Depth Assessment,” 2007. Available here.
- Government controls violate rights, raise costs, cut access, Guest Opinion, Rocky Mountain News, April 28
- Guns on Campus, Letter to the Editor, Denver Rocky Mountain News (on-line only), April 27
- Government-Run Auto Repair? Yes!, Guest Opinion, Boulder Daily Camera, Feb. 11
- Anticipation or Resilience? Managing the health, safety, and environmental risks of nanotechnology, presentation at Science and Technology In Society: An Interdisciplinary Graduate Student Conference. [pdf of presentation] [policy analysis (pdf)]
- Modification of Opal Photonic Crystals Using Al2O3 Atomic Layer Deposition, Chem. Mater. 206, 18, 3562-3570. [pdf]
- Dynamic properties of photonic crystals and their effective refractive index,
J. Opt. Soc. Am. B, 22, 9, 2018-2026.
- A New Path: Ultralow-index metamaterials present new possibilities for controlling light propagation, OE Magazine, Vol. 5, No. 1, Jan. 2005
- October 13: I’m on TV talking about the elections and democracy-worship
- Power to the People, not Bureaucrats: Can elections breed apathy & intolerance?, Colorado Daily print edition Local Voices
- quoted in Colorado Daily for speech at Second Amendment Rally.
- quoted in Colorado Daily & Daily Camera about Desomond Tutu speech.
- S.H.E.: Support for Hidden Extortion: letter, and quote in a news article
- Waveguiding in air by total external reflection from ultralow index metamaterials, Appl. Phys. Lett.[pdf] 85, 1 (2004).
- Joy vs. sacrifice
- Open Letter to a ‘Living Wage’ Advocate
- Total external reflection from metamaterials with ultralow refractive index, Journal of the Optical Society of America B, 20, 12, (2003). [pdf].
- Compulsory Charity Stunts True Philanthropy, Boulder Daily Camera, October 19.
on-line edition · election result (quoted)
- A Choice or a Disease?: quoted in Colorado Daily
- Quoted in the Colorado Daily on artificial turf at CU
- Guns in Broomfield: Daily Camera, August 8, 2003
- Guns on Campus? Daily Camera guest Opinion, June 29, 2003 · print edition
- Heads vs. Feds Misses the Point · Also in the Colorado Daily
- Letters (and responses) about Bowling for Columbine
- Giving up personal safety for a gun-free campus: Colorado Daily, March 4, 2003
- Guns on Campus: Don’t hold others hostage with your fears
- Saying “No” to Red Light Cameras
- Why we need (left-wing Statist) dreams: Response to Swarthmore Collection speech.
- Marxist Sociology Grad Student Demands “Living Wage”: Not, it’s not an Onion article.
- True Goals of Government Schools: Letter to the Editor.
- “Living” Wage Campaign Wants Your Life
- “Gun Control” vs. the Poor
- Proper Definition of Atheism: Letter to the Editor, Boulder Weekly.
- Not “Left”, not “Right”, not Authoritarian, Libertarian.
- Global Warming Propaganda: Letter to the Editor.
- Guns and Crime: Letter to the Editor.
- Healthcare: Letter to the Editor.
- Thugs in High Places: Letter to the Editor.
- Victim Disarmamant: Letter to the Editor.
- Welfare “Rights”: Letter to the Palo Alto Weekly
- Ethics of government funding ignored: Letter to Laser Focus World
- Rent Control: Letter to the Editor.
- School Choice, Letter to the Editor, The New York Times
- Slavery: Letter to the Editor.
- “You Owe It”: Song parody.
- True Liberalism: Essay. Today’s “liberals” are nothing but.
- “Survival of the Fittest” Misunderstood: Letter to the Editor.
- Political Power and Race: Letter to the Editor.
- Freedom does not “Work”: Ask not what your country can force others to do for you.
- Attributes as Entities in Pre-Socratic and Platonic Philosophy: Woops, attributes are not entities.
- Essence in Aristotle’s Categories and Metaphysics: Is it Epistemological or Metaphysical?
- “On Account of What” is that Body Alive?: Reading Aristotle’s De Anima
- Community Service: Essay.
- “Liberal” Close Mindedness: Essay.
- Some “Natural” Beauty is Really Man Made: Letter to the Editor.
- Herbert Spencer and Social Darwinism: academic paper.
- I Voted for the Tall Skinny Guy
- Editorial Policy: I’m such a smartass.
- Need is Not a Claim on Wealth: The hidden premise of welfare “rights”.
- Taxes as “membership dues”: Why people don’t consider taxation to be robbery, and do not apply the same laws to government as they do their neighbors.
- Emancipating Slaves, Enslaving Free Men: A History of the American Civil War: Book Review
- Indoctrination: The Roots of Government Schools
- Disproof of a Creator of the Universe
- Is a Government to a Society as God is to the Universe?: Or, Countries are not Country Clubs.
- The Invisible Fist: Essay.
- Alumni Selflessness Versus Self-Interest: Rational selfishness, not selfless altruism, is the root of benevolence and non-profit organizations.
- Neural Darwinism and Concept Formation: Combining Objectivist epistemology with Nobel Laureate Gerald Edelman’s theory on the mind.
- False Alternatives: “…every time we object to a thing being done by government, the socialists conclude that we object to its being done at all.”
- Intolerance of “Liberals”: Letters to the Editor.
- Comments on Living Up…to the Truth, by Rabbi Dr. David Gottleib: The Rabbi tries to prove that Judaism is correct.
- NASA hurts the poor: Essay.